Yes. Firman Irrigation holds two types of insurance to protect your property and assets: Liability and Workers’ Compensation. We encourage our clients to contact our insurance provider for proof of coverage.
QAre you Insured?
IA-certified professionals have what it takes to do the job right. These experts:
QWhat is a Certified Irrigation Contractor and Designer?
• Understand the latest irrigation technology and techniques.
Apply specialized knowledge and real-world experience to meet customer expectations.
• Share a commitment to sound water management and sustainable solutions.
• Are required to sign a code of ethics
Providing a preventive care program for your landscape plants is like putting money in the bank. A healthy tree increases in value with age-paying dividends by increasing property values, beautifying our surroundings, purifying our air, and saving energy by providing cooling shade from summer’s heat and protection from winter’s wind. Regular maintenance, designed to promote plant health and vigor, ensures their value will continue to grow.
QWhy should I care for my trees?
“Preventing a problem is much less costly and time-consuming than curing one once it has developed. An effective maintenance program, including regular inspections and the necessary follow-up care of mulching, fertilizing, and pruning, can detect problems and correct them before they become damaging or fatal. Considering that many tree species can live as long as 200 to 300 years, including these practices when caring for your home landscape is an investment that will offer enjoyment and value for generations.” Quote from www.TreesAreGood.com
If you have any questions about Firman Irrigation and Landscape Lighting please go to our Contact Us page to call or send us a message.
Please contact Firman Irrigation directly for any additional information.
QHow do I get a copy of your proof of insurance?
Certified Arborists are accredited professionals that specialize in the care of trees. Drawing from experience and education, he or she is able to give you the best information for prolonging the life of your trees.
QWhy hire a Certified Arborist?
Hiring a professional to care for your trees is an important financial decision. Proper tree care is an investment. that can lead to substantial returns. Well maintained trees live longer, are more attractive, and add value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be unsightly and cause significant costs to homeowners.
Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
Firman Tree Service requires all sales staff and crew leaders to be Certified Arborists, and encourages all employees to attain this level of professionalism.
Certified Arborists are credentialed professionals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through at least three years of experience and have passed a comprehensive examination. This certification is granted and maintained through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). Certified Arborists are also required to continue their education in order to maintain their certification, ensuring their knowledge is updated on the latest arboriculture techniques.
QWhat is a Certified Arborist?
• Trees act as carbon sinks, helping to alleviate the “Greenhouse Effect.”
QHow do trees benefit us?
• 1 acre of new forest will sequester about 2.5 tons of carbon annually. Each tree will absorb CO2 at an average rate of 13 pounds/tree/year. Trees reach their most productive stage of carbon storage at about 10 years.
• For every ton of new wood that grows, about 1.5 tons of CO2 are removed from the air and 1.07 tons of life-giving oxygen are produced.
• During a 50-year life span, one tree will generate $30,000 in oxygen, recycle $35,000 worth of water, and clean up $60,000 worth of air pollution. That is $125,000 total per tree without including any other values!
Trees screen unsightly views. A properly placed screen of trees and shrubs can also significantly decrease noise pollution.
• Trees can reduce heating and cooling costs.
• Shade trees can reduce utility bills for air conditioning by 15-50 percent. Through their shade and transpiration, trees provide natural “low-tech” cooling for adjacent buildings and homes. That means less need to build additional dams, power plants, and nuclear generators.
• Shade from trees cools hot streets and parking lots. Cities are “heat islands” that are 5-9degrees hotter than surrounding wooded areas.
• Windbreaks around homes can shield against wind and snow. Heating costs can be reduced by as much as 30 percent.
Trees provide habitat for wildlife and offer people a multitude of recreational opportunities.
• Trees and shrubs significantly increase property values, when properly placed and cared for.
• Trees help recharge ground water and sustain stream flow.
• People enjoy planting and caring for trees just because they like to see them grow.
• They make life more enjoyable, peaceful, relaxing, and offer a rich inheritance for future generations.
• Research indicates that trees help reduce stress in the workplace and speed recovery of hospital patients.